Baccarat is a game of chance and skill between you and the Banker. It is played with a single standard deck of 52 cards. There are three types of bets and the game odds are high.
The objective of the casino game is to predict whose hand, the Banker’s or the Player’s, will be closer to the value of nine. You can also bet on the possibility of a tie.
The following rules apply when playing Baccarat:
- If you bet on the Banker’s hand, and the hand wins, you pay a 5% commission to the House.
- King’s, Queen’s, Jack’s and Ten’s have no point value.
- If the hands tie, and you did not bet on a Tie, your bet is returned to you.
The winning hand is the one with a value closest to nine.
The value of a hand is calculated by adding up the total of the cards. The card values are:
|Card Face Value
|Card Point Value|
If the total of a hand exceeds nine, the value of the hand is the “unit” portion of the total. For more information, see the examples below.
If the hand you bet on wins, you are paid out according to the Payout Schedule.
- A hand consists of an Eight of Clubs and a Seven of Diamonds. The point values are 8 and 7, so the total of the hand is 8 + 7 = 15. As the “tens” portion of the total is ignored, the value of the hand is five.
- A hand consists of a Nine of Spades, a Two of Hearts and a Nine of Diamonds. The point values are 9, 2 and 9, so the total of the hand is 9 + 2 + 9 = 20. As the “tens” portion of the total is ignored, the value of the hand is zero.